We welcome athletes of ALL ability levels who wish to run
the classic 10 mile distance in a beautiful setting.
Male and Female
1st place - 250 euro (plus course record bonus 100 euro)
2nd place - 150 euro
3rd place - 125 euro
4th place - 100 euro
5th place - 75 euro
1st Age categories in M/F (40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70)
1st Wheelchair M/F
Course record bonus 100 euro (winner only)
Male record; 50:43
Tim O'Donoghue (East Cork AC) 2023
Female record; 1:00.43
Hannah Steeds (Leevale AC) 2023
General Race information and FAQs:
Race Start and Finish will be based at Kinsale Community School at 12 p.m.
1. Does this race have an AI permit?
Yes the Kinsale 10 mile road race is an AI accredited road race, fully licenced and officially measured.
2. Is it possible to enter on the day?
It is online entry only and entries will close on 23rd of February (or before it if entry capacity has
3. Is there elite entry after the closing date?
We have reserved places for elite entries. Please contact us directly for information on elite time
4. Are walkers permitted in the race?
No walkers are permitted.
5. Where are race headquarters?
Kinsale Community School. The race will be signposted on all major routes coming in to Kinsale.
6. Are there parking facilities available?
There will be no parking at Kinsale Community school or on the roads outside the school. We will update parking details during race week. There will be some parking available at Kinsale GAA pitch approx 600m from school. There is further parking in Saile Community Hall. In addition we will advertise the main public parking sites in Kinsale and some of the adjacent roads close to the school.
7. Where and when is number and t-shirt collection?
Friday 24 Feb 18.00 to 20.00 Kinsale Community School. T-shirt and race numbers
Saturday 25 Feb 14.00 to 16.30 Kinsale Community School. T-shirts and race numbers
Sunday 26 Feb 09.00 to 11.15 Kinsale Community School. T shirts and race numbers
8. What must I do with the chip?
The chip will be attached to your race number. Do not bend or try to fold your number as this could
damage the chip and you will not receive a time. Numbers must be worn on the front of your vest/shirt. NOT on the shorts. This is so that the chip can be read accurately.
9. Can I transfer/cancel my number?
Transfers/cancellations are not permitted.
10. Are IPods/ MP3’s permitted?
I Pods, MP3’s etc are not permitted for safety on the route.
11. Are there toilets at the start line?
Toilets are available in Kinsale Community School main building and will be signposted.
12. Are there changing facilities available?
Yes, this will be available at Kinsale Community School.
13. Will there be a baggage area?
There will be an un-supervised baggage area in Kinsale Community School - please do not bring valuables. This will be signposted.
14. Where can I warm up?
The track is available as a warm up area. The car park in front of the track and the roads adjacent to the
school can also be used.
15. Where is the race starting?
The start line is on the road outside the main gate of Kinsale Community School.
16. Will there be first aid facilities there?
Yes there will be an ambulance and first aid present for the duration of the event.
17. What will happen at the finish line?
At the finish the race will enter the track and turn right, running anti-clockwise around 3 sides of the
track. The finish line will be on the straight at the school side of the track.
18. Will there be post race refreshments?
Yes at Kinsale Community School.
19. When and where will the prize giving take place?
Prizes will be presented at Kinsale Community School after the race.
20. Will there be water stations on the course?
Yes - There will be water stations around mile 2.5 and 7.5
Caution: This Race will take place on OPEN ROADS and participants are advised to remain aware of this throughout the race and to follow the instructions of our course marshalls and the Gardai who will assisting us on the day. Unfortunately we can't facilitate runners with buggys/strollers and we ask that all participants follow the advice of our course marshalls throughout and not to wear headphones/earphones.
Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you on RACE DAY.
Goals and Proceeds of the Race
The goals of the Kinsale 10 mile road race include;
(1) hosting a national standard event that runners of all levels from all over Ireland can feel free to participate in
(2) To use this race to raise funds for Kinsale Community School Athletics Track (which is an amazing facility to have on our door step) and for Riverstick/Kinsale Athletics club. This year we are delighted to be able to donate a share of the proceeds from our race to the very worthy Kinsale Youth support services.
All club members and the race organising committee are giving their time and effort on a 100% voluntary basis to help raised these funds so that we can further invest in local sports participation, achievement and enjoyment and these causes.
This is a fully licensed Athletics Ireland event that is being organised to the highest standards by local
people who are passionate about our sport and passionate about Kinsale and the surrounding areas.
We are very thankful to Kinsale Community School for having the vision to develop a 300m track and
field facility. This facility is a fantastic benefit to the whole community and surrounding areas of
all ages, of all abilities, across all sports and across all fitness levels from complete beginner to an elite
So finally we wish to say thank you very much for your support of our race and our local clubs and we look forward to seeing you on race day.
Race start at Kinsale Community School 12pm Start